For you Cherokee and Wrangler owners looking to ditch that Dana 30 without having to do ANY fab work...this is THE answer! These are direct 100% bolt in axle assembles that come with gears and the locker already installed.
American-made CORE 44 housings accept the latest generation Dana 44 gear design, with a larger diameter ring gear and bigger pinion shaft to withstand hard off-road use. Our housings feature forged bearing caps and a unique G-lock adjuster nut system to set backlash and carrier bearing preload. CORE 44 axles use additional ribbing on the cast center section and 3-inch diameter, 5/16-wall DOM axle tubes with forged inner Cs for use with tall, aggressive tires.
The CORE 44 is a direct replacement for the Dana 30 under the front of your 84-01 XJ Cherokee (or MJ Comanche) or 97-06 TJ Wrangler. All brackets are designed around stock mounting points, and are laser cut and CNC formed from 3/8-inch steel for added strength. We have also gusseted and reinforced any weak points to prevent damage to the brackets and finish the housing in a UV-stable black powdercoat.
The CORE 44 comes fully assembled with your choice of gear ratio and locker. Gear ratios vary from 3.73 to 5.38 and locker choices include ARB Air Locker, Eaton E-Locker, Detroit Locker, Truetrac, G2 selectable locker, and Auburn ECTED.
CavFab MotorSports also offers free freight shipping to anyone in the lower 48. You simply will not find a better deal!
- Fits 1997 to 2006 TJ Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited
- Fits 1984 to 2001 XJ Cherokee
- Fits 1992 to 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee
- Fits 1987 to 1991 MJ Comanche
- Massive forged inner C-end
- Integrated skid plates on lower control arm mount
- Heavy-duty 1/4” laser cut brackets
- Heavy duty 3” diameter 5/16” DOM tubes
- Reinforcing ribs for added strength and protection
- Heavy duty forged bearing caps
- Spanner nuts for backlash adjustment
- Heat-treated aluminum diff cover with cooling fins
- Utilizes new generation JK 44 ring & pinion
- SAE Bearings
- 30 Spline G2 Chromoly Axles